Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I like the song!

I like the song "ぼくはくま" so much, not only because of its beauty and purity as a nursery rhyme, but also because (ぼくはくま)"I'm bear"! Yes, I am. My last name, "Xiong"(熊), just means "bear" in Chinese. It was the surname of the King of Chu(楚), which was a big kingdom in ancient China. As known, the famous poet Qu Yuan(屈原) was a minister in that kingdom. Probably, this surname originates from the totemism in primitive times. Nowadays, it is far from popular in China but is mainly limited in a few provinces, such as Hunan(湖南), Hubei(湖北) and Jiangxi(江西), the regions within the borderline of the original Chu.

Because of my surname "Xiong", a lot of my Chinese friends like to call me "bear", "little bear", "baby bear", "lazy bear"... This is why I feel so happy and familiar with this lovely song, although heard it for the first time. I am so glad we can share it in our class!

So, welcome to くまのblog!Hope to have good time with all of my classmates!
よろしくございます!

6 comments:

??? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
おちゃのみます said...

haha...くもくも

ばりー said...

chugokunorekishiwatotemoomoshiroidesu.

nihonnogakusei

Tara said...

ぼくはくまはかわいいです。そしてたのしいです。It should be the theme song for your blog! ...if it is possible?

ts.hunter87654 said...

こんいちわ。 わたしはHunterです。

I agree divvyk, this song is very catchy. For the whole weekend after Hamada Sensei played the song for us, I could not get that chorus out of my head. Although it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, its a pleasant tune haha.

Xiong said...

haha, thanks for all your comments! They are so interesting. Yes, I should use it as my theme song for my blog. Ever since I wrote this blog, many classmates have called me "kuma", they remember me as "kuma" even though they don't know my name. haha! But I like it!